Saturday, December 11, 2010

Red Phase Northern Pygmy Owl

Tonight we went to pick out a tree at a tree farm in Stanwood with Grandpa Anderson. So for the last few weeks my sister Arielle wanted to see her favorite bird, an owl. Tonight she had a feeling she would. She walked out into the trees and stopped by a short one. We all thought she found a tree but the tree was too small. When we got closer we realized she was looking at a small little owl on the top of the tree. The owl was about 6 or 7 inches tall, as you can see in the pictures! She reached towards it and touched its belly. Then it flew to another tree. I followed it and wrapped my hands around it but it flew to another tree. Then the last time I reached for it and grabbed it in my hands. I held it and let Arielle hold it too. It was so cool. We let it go and went home and got a perfect tree by the way and I looked in my bird book cause of course I have a bird book:). And we looked for what type of bird it was and we found that it was a Red Phase Northern Pygmy Owl!

Thanks,
Nicole

No comments:

Background